Tuesday 29 October 2013

colour


These colour schemes are a few ideas which I plan to use for my music magazine. The colour schemes I have chosen are all relevant to the genre of electronic and house music as they are all bold and uplifting vibe colours. I especially like the different shades of red colour scheme mixed with monochrome colours of black, greys and whites. This is a suitable colour scheme to use for my magazine because it is suitable for both male and female; although my magazine is aimed towards men/boys, a majority of my readers will be targetted also towards females. Red has connotations of danger which I believe electronic and house music provides an audience. I also really like the colour scheme with the different shades of blue because when I think about electronic and house music, it reminds me of lively, uplifting colours because of its fun vibe.




Vibe is a music magazine which is going to be similar to my own magazine as they both have the same genre of music. The blues used in this front cover is effective because it suits the overall magazine feeling and the use of monochrome colours of bold blacks and whites are a great use for the sell lines so that they are able to stand out from the rest of the page.





Most music magazines use the colour scheme of different shades of red as the colour is suitable for both male and female. Popular magazines such as Q uses the colour scheme of red in most of its front covers to convey its dominance over other magazines. It is also a bright and bold colour which makes it stand out from all the other magazines and entices the audience to buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment