Tuesday 29 October 2013

masthead designs


These designs gives me an idea on how I would want the masthead of my music magazine to look like. I created this using the software indesign and had taken fonts from the website dafonts.com. I have decided that the name of my magazine will be polyphonics so I had used the name to edit the fonts so that I have an idea on how it would look like and when I get on to completing the actual task, I will be prepared to know what to do. I chose fonts that appealed to the particular audience which my magazine is targetted at and that are relevant to the genre of music which my magazine will be based on which is electronic and house music. Therefore I chose fonts which were bold, eccnetric and out there. I quite like the second design because it matches the electronic and house vibe with the unusual first lettering of the masthead different from the other fonts. This will appeal to my audience and capture their attention as it is big and bold. Overall, at the moment I believe that the second masthead is my personal favourite as it would make a great fit to my magazine at the moment although my ideas may change over time.



No comments:

Post a Comment