Monday 30 September 2013

production diary - week 2

PRODUCTION DIARY - week 2
Monday 16th 2013 Sept.
In this lesson, we started on our magazines using the software InDesign which is very similar to Photoshop but is much more easier to use. For homework, we had to create a design draft on of the magazine including one for the front cover and contents page. It took me more than an hour to complete but it will help me and give me a clear idea on how my magazine will look like. I used the picture of the canteen as my front cover and I entitled my magazine Haydon Times as the task was meant to be based on a school magazine. I also included other codes and conventions which you would normally find in a typical magazine including headers, subheadings, price, issue, date etc. I had a colour scheme to go with both front cover and contents page which was blue and green. I used a variety of tools to help me complete and achieve a high standard magazine.
In today's lesson, we were told about having to start the actual task of creating our own music magazines which will include a front cover, contents page and a double page spread. We had to choose a genre for our magazine and I am still to choose one although I am currently stuck with deciding whether to choose electronic or Indie. I was thinking about doing pop at first although we were told that if we did, it would be very hard as it is a very limited genre. Then we were told to create a survey which will ask future readers of our magazines what they would want to expect, see and feature in my magazine. We were told to use the site survey monkey. An example question which I have included in my survey is "Would you prefer to see established or more breakout artists featured in the magazine?". The answers of the surveys will help me improve my magazine as feedback from readers will be a great source of help as they are the people who my magazine will be targeted at.

No comments:

Post a Comment