Thursday 6 March 2014

Q3. What kind of institution might distribute your media product and why?

My media product is greatly inspired by the popular dance and electronic magazine MigMag as it covers the same genre as my own magazine. I was also intrigued about how they have laid out their magazine pages in a way which they have represented their social group so well and have successfully met the needs and expectations of their audience due to how well the magazine has focused on the genre of electronic and dance so well.  MixMag was distributed by the company Development Hell Ltd therefore its best that I do not use that specific institution to distribute my own magazine as they have already distributed a magazine similar to my own. Therefore IPC institutions may be the best option for my decision for that specific institution to distribute my own magazine. That is because it is one of the UK's leading distribution institutions, distributing other popular magazines from other areas such as Marie Claire and Teen Now. It also distributes music magazines such as one of the UK's best which is NME. This is a great platform for my magazine because the institution has not yet distributed a magazine such as mine in the specific genre of electronic and house music. This therefore makes my magazine unique as they have not yet had exhibited a magazine as such; this is a reason why I believe the company would like my magazine. Another reason being that the electronic and house music genre is increasing its popularity as people's choice in music is changing over the years due to a new generation. Evidence of the genre's growing popularity is that music from that specific area have been taking over the top 40 charts recently. Also, well-known electronic artists such as chase and status and flux pavilion can finally have their spot in magazines where they are able to be the main features. Their fan base is so big and widespread that IPC should be able to get lots of money out of that due to the expected high numbers of consumers who are willing to purchase the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment