Tuesday 25 February 2014

chosen images


These are the images I have chosen to use for my front cover, contents page and two double page spreads. I have specifically decided to choose these particular images because I think they link in well the to genre of the magazine which is electronic and house music. This is due to the use of clothing, the atmosphere, the vibe, the props and the use of models in each one of the images.The concert pictures were particularly used for the contents page as a side image for a preview of a feature included inside. This worked perfectly for my contents page because it has captured the crazy atmosphere in which electronic and house music can be known for playing at.One of the concert pictures is also included on the front cover. I used this image for the front cover because I thought that the white background on the orginal photo was too plain and boring. Using this image made the front cover appear more exciting. I used Aaron as a model because I thought he fitted the image of a typical electronic and house artist. I made him wear normal, casual dark clothing with blacked out sun-glasses because from previous research, I have seen a lot of electronic and house music artists wearing similar things. The pictures with the graffitti background brought an edgy side to the magazine which I thought was fun and unique for readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment